ALDP Actuarial AnalystBoston, Massachusetts Actuarial Job ID R14340
Actuarial Leadership Development Program
Boston, MA or Springfield, MA
The Opportunity: Why should I consider MassMutual?
MassMutual values Actuaries and their key leadership role in helping MassMutual achieve its strategic goals. The Actuarial Leadership Development Program provides you with all the benefits needed to not only successfully pass actuarial exams, but to prepare you for leadership roles throughout the organization. The rotational design of the program exposes students to a broad breadth of experiences as well as technical and industry knowledge. You will experience working in a diverse and established Fortune 100 Company while having fun and building relationships that will last a lifetime.
The MassMutual Actuarial Leadership Development Program offers unparalleled experience and development opportunities for college graduates. Our program is designed to support you through your exams and prepare you for leadership roles. You’ll gain broad technical and industry knowledge through your rotations in various business and corporate units around the company.
As a participant in the ALDP, you will experience the following:
- Rotations: Engage in meaningful work that supports the success of the company as you are exposed to various business lines and actuarial functions through our rotational program.
- Mentors: Learn from a mentor who will work closely with you to provide career and exam guidance, development, coaching and support.
- Meaningful Projects: Apply your knowledge and skills by participating in high profile projects in a respected and highly rated company.
- Networking Lunches with Senior Actuaries: Attend networking lunches that allow you to interact with senior actuaries at MassMutual, including the Chief Actuary and Chief Investment Officer.
- Executive Speaker Series: Attend education forums presented by company leaders that will educate you on a variety of possible topics, including industry issues, line of business initiatives, and major projects. Past speakers have included the President & CEO, the CFO, and leaders of various lines of business.
- External Seminars & Meetings: Attend actuarial seminars and meetings to enhance your understanding of industry issues and network with other industry professionals.
- Corporate Learning & Development Programs: Participate in internal programs that allow you to develop leadership competencies in areas such as interpersonal relations, presentation skills, business acumen, and the like.
- Community Volunteer Opportunities: Embrace the regular opportunities to give back to the local community alongside other MassMutual employees.
- Social & Networking Events: Attend actuarial networking events with other students and company actuaries, such as mini-golf, bowling, softball, and exam recognition nights
Program participants will receive competitive compensation and benefits, reimbursement for exam fees, study materials, and seminars. They will also be paid for exam preparation. Bonuses and salary increases can be earned based on work performance, exam completion and advancement in professional designation.
The Minimum Qualifications
- BA or BS with a quantitative focus (e.g., Mathematics, Actuarial, Finance, Economics or related major)
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of 1 or more actuarial exams
- Commitment to pursue Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries
- Demonstrated leadership skills
The Ideal Qualifications
- Previous experience as a MassMutual Actuarial Intern
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Demonstration of MassMutual’s Winning Ways: Act With Integrity, Focus on the Customer, Value People, Work Collaboratively, and Achieve Results
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with your team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, Veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Head of Worksite Life Pricing & Product Management Springfield, Massachusetts
- Head of Health Products Valuation & Projections Springfield, Massachusetts
- Forecast Liability Projections Actuary Boston, Massachusetts
- Forecast Modeling & Quantitative Consultant Springfield, Massachusetts
- Capital Risk Consultant Boston, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.