Executive Assistant to the CEOBoston, Massachusetts Administrative Job ID R14692
We’re looking to hire an Executive Associate to the CEO to join the CEO’s office. You’ll provide comprehensive support to the CEO and will leverage your ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
As the Executive Associate to the CEO your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Serve as the point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the CEO, collaborating with peer Executive Associate for efficient, comprehensive support to the CEO and completion of shared role accountabilities
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the CEO to optimize time management. Prioritize conflicting needs and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements. Handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Work closely w/the CEO to keep them well informed of and prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities. Capture outcomes and next steps to facilitate follow up.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive, highly confidential and critical nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral or response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and organizational policy/philosophy/culture.
- Complete a broad variety of work that facilitates the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including:
- Managing CEO's correspondence, including CEO’s email and mail correspondence and inquiries, answering Office of the CEO phone line and responding to internal and external inquiries (triaging and drafting responses);
- Ensuring CEO is prepared for upcoming meeting by collecting, prioritizing and preparing information/materials for upcoming meetings;
- Designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations;
- Composing and preparing correspondence;
- Creating and maintaining contact lists;
- Making complex and detailed travel arrangements and completing travel reports;
- Utilizing extensive knowledge of the organization to collaborate with partners and resolve questions and issues;
- Assisting with meeting agendas and managing logistics for high-level meetings and events
- Participate in special projects and strategic initiatives as needed
- Comfortably handle highly confidential and time sensitive information with necessary care and prioritization
- Work with the Executive Team to coordinate the CEO’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Work with Chief of Staff to coordinate all Executive Team meetings and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Provide event management support as needed
- Proactively identify process improvements and opportunities to enhance support of the CEO
- Flex to complete various assignments and additional duties to ensure comprehensive and effective support
The Minimum Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience supporting C-level executives
- 3+ years working with in a collaborative environment with both internal and external partners to achieve results
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to travel between Springfield and Boston
The Ideal Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience supporting a CEO or equivalent
- Experience using various collaboration tools (e.g. Teams, Slack, Zoom) and social media tools (e.g., LinkedIn)
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to complete a high volume of work and with limited direction & oversight
- Ability to navigate complex situations and organizations; identify and execute on resolutions
- Ability to dynamically prioritize and troubleshoot conflicts; anticipates challenges and proactively addresses them
#LI-BC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.