Financial Accounting Systems Transformation (FAST) Business Program Management LeadBoston, Massachusetts Project Management Job ID R14657
About the Corporate Controller Organization:
The Controllers Organization is responsible for delivering on the foundation of credibility and control of the core financial information leveraged across Finance to communicate with leadership, key business partners and regulators on the enterprise’s actual results, forecast implications and strategic decision making. This work considers legal entity structures, distribution channel and product results as well as how these impact our capital optimization and operating liquidity.
We are a diverse group of professionals experienced in and responsible for accounting, financial reporting, tax, policy and controls, cash operations, corporate finance data and systems management as well as wealth management finance activities. We are seeking engaging professionals with strong communication skills and deep intellectual curiosity to ensure the timely and efficient reporting of results. We not only perform the required activities. We are looked to as business partners who add value by challenging existing operating practices strengthening controls and highlighting trends and insights.
In this highly visible role as the business Program Manager Lead for the Financial Accounting Systems Transformation (FAST) program, you will be responsible for leading one of the largest and transformative programs at MassMutual.
The FAST Program is on a multi-year plan to replace our existing SAP R3 platform with the SAP S/4HANA platform that will provide a modern event based financial system solution for Corporate Finance, enabling a more streamlined financial reporting process that leverages enhanced reporting and data analytics functionality.
FAST Business Program Manager Lead will be responsible for the planning, day-to-day execution, management, implementation and reporting of large and complex programs. The incumbent will be accountable to manage and monitor project tasks and controls during project planning and delivery activities to ensure on-time and quality goals are met within scope and budget. Apply advanced project and program management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, communications and presentations in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
High Level Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategy for the program team.
- Lead creation of the program management plan.
- Oversee all activities associated with the program to ensure the program achieves its goals.
- Identify and understand program objectives.
- Manage timelines and deliverables.
- Identify and assign program team members.
- Identify projects needed to achieve program objectives.
- Coordinate interdependent projects that are part of the program.
- Communicate with project managers.
- Monitor program activities.
- Measure and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and return on investment (ROI).
- Resolve problems and delays in the program.
- Manage program budget.
- Manage resources across all projects within the program.
- Help to ensure collaboration among project teams.
- Manage program risk and coordinate corrective measures.
- Document the program.
- Identify and manage program adherence to standards and governance.
- Manage stakeholder communications.
- Report on program performance to executive team and organization leaders.
- Ensure that the program is aligned with organizational business goals and objectives.
- Identifies required human resources to successfully executive to plan and submits to Program Lead; provides cost estimates
- Interviews candidates and onboards as appropriate
- Maintains change request (change to existing requirements
- Collates decision that require business line discussion and decision and escalates to Program lead for discussion at Steering committees
- Leads regular cross workstream scrums to ensure alignment on deliverables and dependencies remain in sync.
- Identifies conflict in deliverables and delays; make best efforts to resolve issues and escalates to Program Lead if unable to achieve for resolution
- Maintain a matrix reporting relationship with the business sponsor of the program/project and the program manager
- Identify and drive key stakeholder involvement and work with them to elicit scope
- Secure and maintain project resources from a business and technical scope
- Identify, document, assign, track and facilitate project issues through to resolution
- Confirm achievement of objectives, verify and document project results to formalize acceptance of the product at each phase gate of the project by the
- Facilitate lessons learned and retain information in a central location for future use
- Bachelor’s degree and/or CFA designation is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience managing large-scale programs and effective change management.
- Proficient experience with Project Management tools including but not limited to: Atlassian Jira, Zephyr for Jira, Smartsheets as well as MS Office Suite (Project, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Certified in Scrum Alliance (CSM/CSPO), Scrum.org (PSM/PSPO/PSD), SAFe Scaled Agilist, PMI-ACP, PMP is desired but not required
- 7+ years managing people/teams
- Executive presence with ability to quickly build rapport and cultivate relationships; high-level of emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; track record of developing and delivering high- impact presentations; effective public speaking
- Astute business judgment, analytic, creative, and problem-solving skill, with experience applying these skills to acquire and develop strategic partnerships
- Strategically minded, analytical change agent and decision maker with a clear vision and the ability to implement improvement measures impacting a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and data-driven mindset that translates into leadership skills
Ideal qualifications include:
- Experience in S/4 Hana
- Knowledge of best practices in GL Accounting, and experience in Accelerated Fiscal Closing, Treasury, Group Reporting, Accounts Payable, Tax Compliance and Reporting.
- Knowledge of statutory, fiscal and legal requirements.
- 3-4 years end-to-end Finance transformation experience, with either Oracle, SAP or S4-Hana.
#LI-IZ1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
MassMutual will accept applications on an ongoing basis until such time as a candidate has been offered employment.Salary Range: $148,300.00-$194,600.00 Apply
Jobs Like This One
- Project Manager Boston, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.