Funding Agreement Product and Pricing Actuarial ConsultantBoston, Massachusetts Actuarial Job ID R14614
Funding Agreement Product and Pricing Actuarial Consultant
Funding Agreement Product and Pricing Team
As a Funding Agreement Product and Pricing Actuarial Consultant, you will help drive the risk-controlled growth of spread-lending businesses serving the institutional market. You will partner regularly across functions in support of product pricing, product development, and transaction execution.
The Funding Agreement Product and Pricing Team sits within Institutional Solutions, a key component of MassMutual’s strategy. The team relies upon strong technical ability, business acumen, and communication to deliver timely solutions to complex initiatives. The culture is committed to continuous improvement and encourages the mindset of being a self-starter.
Your work will directly contribute to the profit and topline goals of the enterprise for the benefit of MassMutual’s participating policyholders. Specific responsibilities across the Institutional spread-lending products will include:
- Developing and maintaining pricing models, methodologies, and assumptions
- Analyzing risk and profitability of new business in support of live transactions
- Evaluating opportunities for product development, including concept research, risk analysis, and pricing work
- Completing competitive analysis, providing insight on market dynamics and product positioning utilizing tools such as Bloomberg
- Partnering with investment management, corporate actuarial, operations, and other key business partners
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years of actuarial experience
- 3+ years of strong financial modeling skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA
The Ideal Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with an ability to convey technical ideas to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable dealing with both complexity and ambiguity, with ability to explore multiple solutions to a problem
- Demonstrated initiative and has a sense of urgency; takes ownership and is results-oriented in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail-oriented with analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Actively sitting for exams is not a requirement of the role, although exam support is available if desired
- Knowledge of debt capital markets and/or Institutional products a plus
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Funding Agreement team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-CM1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Forecast Liability Projections Actuary Boston, Massachusetts
- Forecast Model Owner & Quantitative Consultant Boston, Massachusetts
- Actuarial Director, Annuity Experience Studies Boston, Massachusetts
- Forecast Modeling & Quantitative Consultant Springfield, Massachusetts
- Actuarial Director - Annuity Valuation Springfield, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.