Head Architect, Cloud and InfrastructureBoston, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R14551
Head Architect, Cloud and Infrastructure
The Head Architect, Cloud and Infrastructure will lead a team responsible for defining and maintaining an enterprise architecture for our current and future state infrastructure. This includes compute, storage, and network supporting our cloud, on-premise and co-located data centers. Network architecture will encompass both physical and software defined network architectures. Cloud architecture will include platform architecture for public and hybrid cloud implementations across multiple cloud service providers including AWS and Microsoft Azure supporting both cloud-native and cloud migration application patterns that ensure consistent security, operations and deployment models through infrastructure templates, controls and automation. Additionally cloud architecture will help ensure the efficient and secure usage of cloud platforms through capabilities for consumption management and policy controls. This role will partner closely with security, DevOps, engineering, operations and infrastructure teams to define and implement architecture road maps as well as supporting solution architecture for development teams with infrastructure capabilities that align to enterprise road maps and strategies. The head of infrastructure and cloud architecture will also be responsible for evaluating and benchmarking new technologies, drafting technical standards, creating infrastructure architecture patterns and publishing architectural artifacts enabling MassMutual to make high impact, long term decisions. This is a critical strategic architecture role to help continue to drive digital transformation and create a competitive advantage for the company.
- Cloud platform reference architectures and patterns
- Technical evaluations of cloud technologies including cloud/on-prem IaC services and tooling
- Specification and publication of standards for hosting platform usage and operations
- Thought leadership and active participation in conferences and research with strategic partners and academic institutions.
- Define the technical platform strategy for enterprise cloud migration initiatives.
- Partner with senior leaders to develop and maintain the cloud platform strategy.
- Define relevant cloud & datacenter architecture strategies and approaches to advance strategic enterprise hosting initiatives.
- Partner with business and technical partners on cloud migration strategies for applications.
- Partner with EA domain architects and technology stakeholders to define and implement capabilities and patterns for security, data and operations in the cloud.
- Provide recommendations on system options, risks, cost/benefit analysis, and impact on cross-domain systems, business strategy, goals and processes.
- Partner with extended enterprise architecture, information security, compliance, business, and IT support teams to communicate and collaborate on architecture strategies, standards, and direction. Partner with domain architects, SRE and solution architects to design and implement automation capabilities for cloud platform provisioning, configuration, deployment, security operations and audit.
- Specification and publication of standards around infrastructure configuration (network elements, servers, cloud environments).
- Partner with technology leaders to monitor execution.
- 15+ years progressive experience working with a wide range of infrastructure technologies (DNS, IP routing and switching, SDN, docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Linux, MSFT technologies).
- 5+ years leadership experience guiding & mentoring high performance teams.
- 15+ years performing research and or large-scale system design, and benchmarking.
- Extensive experience of providing architectural direction to project development teams or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities.
- Track record of designing architectural reference material.
- Extensive experience of providing architectural direction to technical teams.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Expert certifications in server (RHCE, MCSE), cloud (AWS CSA) and or networking (CCIE).
#LI-MC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Business Analyst - SAP Analytics & Reporting Boston, Massachusetts
- Director of Business of Technology Applications Springfield, Massachusetts
- Director of Identity and Access Management Engineering Springfield, Massachusetts
- Head of Finance Application Boston, Massachusetts
- Director of ServiceNow Product Delivery Boston, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.