Head of Advanced Sales, MMSDBoston, Massachusetts Marketing & Communications Job ID R14233
The Head of Advanced Sales will be a key member of the MMSD Life and Disability leadership team responsible for developing the strategic plan to support distributors advanced sales opportunities, the ongoing development of the advanced sales team and support the life and disability distribution organization in driving aggressive growth.
MassMutual Strategic Distributors:
MassMutual Strategic Distributors (MMSD) sits within MassMutual Third Party and New Markets business. MMSD has significantly grown top line sales by expanding existing and new partnerships with IMOs, BGAs and financial institutions (wire houses, banks, broker-dealers) while making significant investments in technology, sales, operations, marketing, and product development. Our strategy is enabled by the dedicated teams across the enterprise where we prioritize a dynamic, agile, and entrepreneurial culture. We provide BGAs with consumer insights, research, comprehensive solutions, and marketing support. Our goal in working with distributors is to help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
We are looking for an experienced professional with advanced markets/advanced sales experience. Knowledge of estate, business, and financial planning strategies, including relevant tax, legal and regulatory impacts. The willingness to develop a strategy leveraging MassMutual’s life and disability insurance solutions in the larger marketplace. Candidates must have demonstrated experience making data-driven decisions in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to quickly adjust while delivering a best-in-class experience to our distributors.
• Strategically lead the MMSD Advanced Sales team which serves as an important resource for consultation on advanced planning concepts and strategic case design solutions for life and disability insurance in support of third-party distributors.
• Drive development of innovative sales strategy for Advanced Sales department, including but not limited to innovative positioning on advanced concepts utilizing MassMutual life and disability products while managing risk profile of sales concepts.
• Build a team with strong relationships with financial professionals, as well as key back-office personnel; create an environment providing best in class support on case-specific opportunities and build a team that thinks creatively to develop solutions for challenging advanced sales situations.
• Represent MMSD life and disability distribution with attendance and presentations at distributor meetings and industry events.
• Partner with Underwriting to build relationships across the Advanced Sales team in support of complex legal, tax and business matters. Lead a team that provides consultative support on financial underwriting matters.
• Develop strategy for the MMSD Advanced Sales teams approach to thought leadership.
• Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and building plans to address concept, product and industry trends, as well as legislative and regulatory updates.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent of experience and training, JD, LLM, CPA, or CFP preferred.
• 10+ years of advanced markets or related retirement, business, or estate planning experience. Strong knowledge of life and disability insurance solutions and third-party distribution preferred.
• Currently holds Series 6 or 7 and 24 or 26 licenses, or ability to obtain within 90 days.
• Exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to take complex strategies and communicate in simple and impactful terms (verbal and written).
• Strong sales and presentation skills with the ability to influence.
• Ability to build strong relationships within MMSD colleagues and build and maintain a culture of professionalism and entrepreneurialism.
• Up to 50% travel may be required
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.