Investment Supplier Management AnalystBoston, Massachusetts Finance & Accounting Job ID R14285
Investment Supplier Management Analyst
Investment Data Strategy team
Boston, MA or Springfield, MA
Investment Management is looking for an energetic individual with strong analytical skills to join the team as an Investment Supplier Management Analyst to manage engagements with key investment market data and technology suppliers. You will be responsible for all aspects of relationship management including day to day interactions, short term issue resolution, long term strategy, contract negotiations, budgeting, invoice processing, and sourcing decisions in collaboration with subject matter experts and product owners.
As an Investment Supplier Management Analyst, you will join the Investment Data Strategy team which is comprised of agile, cross-functional, and data centric associates. The Investment Data Strategy team is responsible for ensuring that investment data is made available in an efficient and cost-effective manner and at a level of quality and completeness that is required by internal and external business partners across MassMutual.
A successful person in this role will exhibit strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, and resilience. Responsibilities include, but art not limited to:
- Match evolving data requirements of business partners to best fit in the marketplace. Continuously assess capabilities of current and potential vendors
- Monitor the health, cost, and fit for purpose of supplier relationships to inform decisions about contract and license renewals
- Negotiate business terms of vendor contracts and license agreements to ensure costs of services are aligned with their market value
- Collaborate with Procurement team for contract execution
- Maintain positive relationships with 3rd party firms while advocating on behalf of MassMutual to quickly address and resolve customer issues
- Assist in the preparation of regular due diligence and management review meetings with strategic partners
- Manage to an annual budget for all investment market data and technology supplier expenses
- Maintain an inventory of suppliers, contracts, licenses by departments and cost centers. Develop and produce reporting as needed
- Oversee operational processes for invoice processing, license administration, and user provisioning
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience managing investment market data or technology supplier relationships
The Ideal Qualifications
- Ability to build strong partnerships with business partners, functional areas, peers, technology partners, and outside vendors
- Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Employs a disciplined approach and detail orientation, with proven results in managing multiple deliverables.
- Possesses excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Innovation: Continually looks within and beyond their job, anticipating business needs and opportunities
- Strong Core Values: Results-based, action oriented; prudent risk taker; effectively balances business-specific and enterprise-wide needs
- Knowledge of key suppliers including Bloomberg, Factset, Optimize Spend, BoNY Data & Analytics Solutions (Eagle), and various stock exchanges
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with teams throughout Investment Management and the broader Enterprise
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran, and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.