Key Account ManagerBoston, Massachusetts Sales Job ID R13820
The Key Account Manager position is an integral part of the third-party distribution team. They will be responsible for management of all aspects of assigned strategic accounts and new business development efforts around annuity and hybrid life/long term care solutions. They will own the overall relationship with the strategic partner responsible for achieving sales results, marketshare growth, driving penetration into the firm through conference and marketing campaigns, expanding product offerings, evaluating return on investments in the firm relationship, operations, compliance and overall client satisfaction. They will collaborate with other team members for wholesaling, operations, training, marketing, compliance and legal initiative development and execution.
The MassMutual Strategic Distributors Annuity Team is compromised of key account managers, training and reporting roles. The team manages the overall strategy, key relationships, wholesaler partnership, training, marketing plans and drives the sales results of the annuity and hybrid marketplace. We are a nimble entrepreneurial team that started the annuity third party business several years ago from scratch and are now selling over $9B+ in annual annuity sales. We continue to operate in a nimble entrepreneurial environment as we expand our team, expand our product set and strive for our next level of sales growth. Everyone has a voice on the team!
Strategic Firm Relationship Management
- Own the overall relationship between Strategic Partner and MassMutual Third-Party Distribution for national/regional, broker dealers, banks, wirehouse and independent firms.
- Responsible for the entire relationship including sales results, market share, marketing plan, expanding products offerings, operations, compliance and overall client satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development, execution and achievement of firm business plans.
- Measure return on investments with overall firm relationship.
- Develop, align and execute all marketing, sales and support services for assigned accounts to achieve growth objectives.
- Understand the assigned accounts’ culture, systems, requirements and develop value add programs to increase marketshare.
- Work with firms to look for opportunities to generate leads for wholesaler opportunities.
- Anticipate and resolve complex problems.
The Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of annuity sales experience
- Series 6 or 7 required
- Travel required, estimated 50%
The Ideal Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of annuity solutions
- Strong working knowledge of financial services industry and third-party distribution.
- Strong organizational, detail orientation and relationship management skills are a must for this position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation Range: $90k -$100k base salary range, plus sales-based incentive opportunity (targeted at 50%-60% of total wages)
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Annuity Team.
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-BC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Regional Sales Director - Stable Value Boston, Massachusetts
- Internal Wholesaler Springfield, Massachusetts
- Managing Director Benefits New York, New York
- Key Account Manager Springfield, Massachusetts
- Head of Field Management – West, MMFA Field Management Phoenix, Arizona
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.