Kubernetes/Cloud Infrastructure EngineerBoston, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R13986
- As a Cloud Engineer of the Cloud Platform team, you will play a crucial role in architecting and implementing fully automated (IaC/Terraform), secure, reliable, scalable & resilient multi-cloud/hybrid-cloud solutions. The Cloud Engineer will be part of a highly technical and cross-functional team and work closely with cloud/DevOps engineers, platform delivery lead, solution architects, enterprise architects, and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter who can work independently with minimal oversight, has an agile/DevOps mindset, is an SME in building cloud products, and has a passion to learn.
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Work closely with solution architects, cloud engineers and provide support to product manager, ensuring designs align with technical and business direction across the company
- Write clean, high-performance, well-tested infrastructure code (Terraform - Must have) with a focus on reusability and automation (i.e. Shell, Python, GoLang, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ Years in architecting and implementing fully automated (IaC/Terraform), secure, reliable, scalable & resilient multi-cloud/hybrid-cloud solution.
- 3+ Years of experience working hands on with AWS/AZURE cloud
- AWS /Azure certification e.g., Solution Architect, Developer, Administrator, Security, DevOps
- Experience with network infrastructure skills (e.g. setting up and managing firewalls, WAFs, network segregation, network sharing, VPNs and network ACLs)
- Experience with DevOps concepts, tools (containers, (CI/CD - Github, Github Action, Jenkins, Artifactory, Helm), Chef, Ansible, Puppet etc.) and emerging technologies
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Microservices architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to thrive in a collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Work collaboratively with Cloud/DevOps developers, platform delivery lead, solution architects, enterprise architects to define and develop secure, highly scalable enterprise cloud products
- Explore and recommend new technologies/services for implementing application patterns. Articulate the advantages of various solution options
- Provide recommendations on architectural changes in order to improve efficiency, reliability and performance and to reduce cost
- Support platform delivery lead on the prioritization of the product backlog, refining product roadmap, reporting, KPIs & releases
- Actively participate and contribute on all sprint ceremonies (daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint retro, sprint demo and backlog grooming)
- Collaborate with Cloud/DevOps engineers to solve technical and design problems
- Conduct and oversee design & code reviews
- Define platform software engineering standards and ensure compliance
Preferred Qualifications :
- CKA Certification - Certified Kubernetes Administrator or CKAD - Certified Kubernetes Application Developer
- Experience with migration projects (On-premise-to-Cloud)
Technical Design, Development & Problem Solving
- Technical leader with specialized skills/knowledge, that is recognized across the organization for their expertise and technical leadership
- Research new ways of developing complex solutions partnering with EA; be able to freely challenge solutions
- Publishes articles or demo's technical advancements in their area to their team and the larger organization
- Help others troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
Execution & Delivery
- Provide technical leadership for complex, long term initiatives
- Provide communication to leadership on progress & gaps
- Provide authoritative expertise to others by advising on prioritization, planning, and execution of projects within the subdomain
- Accountable for the yearly/quarterly goals and work closely with stakeholders and team on the execution
Software Engineering Excellence
- Collaborate with colleagues, share ideas, and contribute to the overall success of the group by enforcing software engineering standards
- Leads research and initiatives pushing the boundaries for solutions solving technical problems
- Leads the team and coaches other members on creating efficient and high performing frameworks
- Leads and implements best practices for continuous delivery and continuous integration frameworks
- Mentor all team members regardless of their level
- Develop collaborative partnerships with internal partners
- Contribute material time to developing junior and mid-level team members
- Leads the team on technical decisions and helps drive other team members towards solutions
#LI-TM1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Business Analyst - SAP Analytics & Reporting Boston, Massachusetts
- Director of Business of Technology Applications Springfield, Massachusetts
- Director of Identity and Access Management Engineering Springfield, Massachusetts
- Head of Finance Application Boston, Massachusetts
- Director of ServiceNow Product Delivery Boston, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.