MDM Data EngineerBoston, Massachusetts Business Analysis Job ID R13923
Objectives of the role
- Design, build, and measure complex Informatica Power Center and MDM processes to master data for different Master Data domains in MassMutual.
- Working on a range of projects including batch pipelines, data modeling, and Master data solutions, you’ll be part of collaborative project teams working to implement robust data collection and processing pipelines to meet specific business needs.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Design, construct, and evaluate intricate ELT/ETL tasks to assimilate data from diverse sources into a high-quality, reliable data repository.
- Develop Master Data Management (MDM) solutions various master data domains within MassMutual.
- Provide comprehensive support for MDM solutions, including data ingestion, master record creation, outbound data extracts, and API integration.
- Implement data modeling policies, procedures, processes, and standards, while also contributing feedback.
- Assist in recording and documenting essential technical data, system flows, database design, and other relevant system information.
- Establish data quality benchmarks and develop tools/processes to ensure data accuracy.
- Conduct data profiling and perform detailed analysis of source system data.
- Collaborate with various departments to comprehend emerging data patterns.
- Convert high-level business needs into precise technical specification
- Actively engage in the development and rollout of MDM Solutions and other Information Management initiatives at MassMutual.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with Informatica Power Center.
5+ years of experience with data analytics, data modeling, and database design.
- 3+ years of coding and scripting (Python, Java, Scala) and design experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Informatica MDM platform in customer/party subject area.
- Experience with ELT methodologies and tools.
- Expertise in tuning and troubleshooting SQL.
- Strong data integrity, analytical and multitasking skills.
- Experience with Oracle database.
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of basic UNIX commands and shell scripts.
- Experience with 3rd party job schedulers like Maestro.
- Experience with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with near real-time mastering via SIF.
- Experience with data profiling tools.
- Willingness to provide Level 2 support for batch processing cycles outside business hours.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- Familiar with agile project delivery process.
- Knowledge of SQL and use in data access and analysis.
- Ability to manage diverse projects impacting multiple roles and processes.
- Able to troubleshoot problem areas and identify data gaps and issues.
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environment.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Kafka
- Basic knowledge of database technologies (Vertica, Redshift, etc.).
- Experience designing and implementing automated ETL processes.
#LI-RK1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.