Portfolio SpecialistBoston, Massachusetts Investment Management Job ID R15064
MassMutual Investments is a diversified multi-manager investment platform focused on the retirement and wealth management channels. We leverage an open architecture framework to develop innovative solutions to solve the most pressing investment needs faced by our clients. We are seeking a Portfolio Specialist to help support the competitive positioning of our products in the marketplace.
MassMutual Investments manages $65 billion across 100+ portfolios, spanning equities, fixed income and multi-asset solutions. We have developed partnerships with some of the world's leading asset managers who sub-advise our investment strategies. We are rapidly expanding our solutions in the wealth and investment-only retirement channels, and we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help drive our dynamic and collaborative effort.
The Portfolio Specialist will work closely with the Head of Portfolio Strategy and Analytics to position MassMutual's investment products competitively in the marketplace.
- Serve as an internal product expert for an assigned coverage of portfolios.
- Provide investment support across the RFP, sales and client service processes.
- Monitor portfolio integrity by providing oversight of portfolio positioning performance, and risk exposures.
- Design and author content for product collateral, such as fund reviews and presentations
- Contribute to thought leadership which serves to differentiate our portfolios.
- Conduct market and competitor analysis to effectively position MassMutual's strategies.
- Participate in meetings with clients and prospects.
The Minimum Qualifications
- 5+ years investment management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Series 7 at time of application or ability to obtain within 180 days
- Series 63 at time of application or ability to obtain within 180 days
- 1+ year of experience with knowledge of portfolio and market analysis
- Willingness to work from our Boston, MA office 3 days per week
The Ideal Qualifications
- CFA or progress towards CFA
- Master's degree
- Strong analytical and data skills, with the ability to draw conclusions
- Intellectual curiosity, solutions-oriented mindset
- Ability to work collaboratively and across functions.
- Comfort with a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the MMUS Product Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, Veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-BC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
MassMutual will accept applications on an ongoing basis until such time as a candidate has been offered employment.Salary Range: $107,700.00-$141,300.00 Apply
Jobs Like This One
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.