Regional Sales Director - Stable ValueRemote - US Sales Job ID R14610
We’re looking for a high caliber Regional Sales Director - Stable Value Investments to generate sales, expand our brand and AUM in the Adviser sold DC markets for 401k, 457, 403b, HSA, Taft Hartley plans. Our innovative range of stable solutions are designed to serve the diverse capital preservation needs of plan types and span the spectrum of general account, separate account, group annuity, GIC, CIT and custom wrap solutions backed by credit and financial strength of MassMutual.
The Regional Sales Director will report to the National Sales director of Stable Value Investments. The role is targeted for individuals specialized in selling this niche asset class and deeply knowledgeable about Stable Value markets who can pivot product solutions consultatively to meet the needs of plan intermediaries including financial advisers, RIA aggregators, consultants, direct to Plan in their respective territory. The role provides an opportunity to deliver on sales, client retention and revenue goals for the Stable Value Investments business unit with a strong ability to oversee the sale process end to end in your region, product and contracting complexity relying on internal partners for expertise and support.
MassMutual is an industry leading provider in stable value with nearly 50 years of experience and a book now approaching $40 Billion in balances. Our Team is focused on our mission to serve the unique needs of our institutional and adviser client base with a commitment to excellence. We work collaboratively and inclusively with high standards of accountability and a focus on delivering results. We are now looking to build a dedicated sales organization to help us expand our reach deeper into adviser segments of the DC markets with a broad set of product solutions.
As the Regional Sales Director - Stable Value Investments, your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Grow MassMutual stable value assets in adviser sold market (retirement advisers, plans, consultants, aggregators) in your region
- Deliver on annual growth targets – Sales and Client retention
- Identify new prospects for MassMutual via prior relationships and leverage industry and internal parties to build robust connections
- Work closely with clients or their advisers to understand their client capital preservation goals, address concerns and offer the right application to meet their needs
- Forge and maintain ongoing partnerships with key decision makers across key retirement intermediaries and/or plans
- Able to travel domestically at least 60% of time
- Proficient in industry best practices, target markets using established sales process and tools
- Expand business to other DC plan types outside 401k such as HSA, 403b, Taft Hartley
- Provide regular pipeline updates to Head of Sales and Head of Business capturing your prospecting and sales activity
- Serve as a point of accountability to increase MassMutual Stable Value revenue addressing issues and obstacles.
- 5+ years of Sales Track record in Stable Value or Fixed Income Investment sales with advisers and consultants
- Life and Health licensed or ability to procure one within 180 days of hire
- 1+ year of experience with DC plans, their regulatory landscape and product solutions
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong knowledge of and market intelligence on insurance competitive environment in adviser sold stable value
- Experience working in insurance companies with base understanding of guarantees, ratings, capital and fixed income portfolios
- Known and established relationships with advisers particularly in this asset class
Compensation: $125k-$150k base salary range, plus sales-based compensation targeted at 65% - 70% of total wages
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Stable Value team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical nosiness with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-REMOTEMassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Key Account Manager Springfield, Massachusetts
- Key Account Manager Boston, Massachusetts
- Head of Field Management – West, MMFA Field Management Phoenix, Arizona
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.