Financial Reporting ManagerNew York, New York Finance & Accounting Job ID R14106
Financial Reporting Manager
New York, NY, Boston, MA or Springfield, MA
We seek an energetic, motivated, and skilled Financial Reporting Manager to join our team. You will be part of an interdisciplinary reporting and analysis team in our Controller’s department that can execute on accounting principles’ disclosure requirements while leveraging key reporting systems to optimize, compile, analyze audited statements and management reports, while coordinating with internal customers as well as external auditors.
This will be an individual contributor role.
The Management, Statutory Audited and Regulatory Reporting team is part of MassMutual’s Corporate Finance Organization. The team is motivated by challenging work that delivers substantial impact in a culture of accountability and collaboration. Team members are energized to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting data to internal and external customers while successfully executing on financial reporting controls. Our team is a collaborative team that supports cross-functional strategic initiatives across the enterprise, optimization and oversees our business partners’ results. We appreciate a diverse team and leveraging diverse thought to optimize processes and build strong relationships.
As a Financial Reporting Manager, you will manage the delivery of regulatory reporting requirements, supporting management through discussion/analysis and collaborate with internal and external customers to execute on financial reporting controls. To accomplish this, you will:
- Demonstrate business acumen to interpret regulatory reporting requirements to timely and accurately produce audited statement reports for key constituents including Senior Management, External Auditors, Regulatory bodies, and the Board of Directors
- Monitor executing and documenting key controls, including, but not limited to regulatory state filings, management discussion and analysis, quality assurance validations and review, proper sing-offs on inputs from dependent sources
- Supervise offshore team members to timely and accurately prepare, review and submit financial reports for management review
- Work in a fast paced and agile work environment to meet or exceed deadlines
- Maximize the value and optimize reports created by the team
- Prepare insightful analysis to convey the underlying story to the key constituents timely, in a clear and concise manner
- Research and interpret changes in accounting policies, competitive landscape, and emerging trends
- Lead and participate complex cross-functional projects, such as regulatory reporting required for new products
- Drive continuous improvement and efficiencies within the reporting processes beyond the scope of responsibilities listed
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of experience working with audited and/or regulatory statements
- 3+ years GAAP reporting in life insurance companies
- 3+ years of demonstrated financial analysis and reporting
- 3+ years of experience with general ledger reporting cubes and warehouses; and the ability to gather data elements from various sources
The Ideal Qualifications
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Knowledge of advanced insurance and investment statutory accounting principles
- Knowledge of tools, applications, and/or queries to create and configure new reports, dashboards & decision-making analytics
- Skilled in validating and test data & reports to ensure accuracy and quality
- Other competencies required include customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing
- Expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Management, Statutory Audited and Regulatory Reporting team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.