Annuity Pricing LeadSpringfield, Massachusetts Actuarial Job ID R14086
As an Annuity Pricing Lead you will work on creating the pricing sophistication and modeling required for a top-5 distributor of retail annuities. You will work in a collaborative environment driving the pricing framework for the annuity business, bringing thought leadership, and building the tools necessary to allow us to maintain our market leading position.
The annuity pricing team is a motivated group focused on innovating our pricing methodologies across a broad suite of annuity products including fixed, variable, indexed, and income solutions. In this role you will interact mainly with the Annuity product team and corporate oversight teams to help us increase our sophistication and expand our capabilities within the annuity market.
- Explore best practices and new modeling capabilities related to fixed, indexed, variable, and income annuities
- Ownership of the pricing models utilized by the annuity team
- Incorporate advanced features into our actuarial models such as offsets between product lines/inforce business, asset modeling, and new reserve standards such as VM-22
- Develop and maintain relationship with other business areas such as valuation and hedging to ensure consistency and governance
- Influence and provide key contributions to ongoing business strategy and growth
The Minimum Qualifications
- An accomplished FSA
- Experience with actuarial software such as Prophet, AXIS, or Alpha
- 8+ years experience in actuarial roles
- Disciplined approach to strategic initiatives, business projects and day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and deliver on multiple concurrent deliverables.
- Ability to lead and influence others and drive engagement
The Ideal Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in ALM or annuity pricing, valuation, and/or modeling
- 3+ years experience with actuarial modeling in Prophet
- 12+ years experience in actuarial roles
- Demonstrated success dealing with both complexity and ambiguity, with ability to explore multiple solutions to a problem
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex information, as well as convey complex materials to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated approach to execute strategic initiatives, business projects and day-to-day activities simultaneously.
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the annuity product team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Head of Worksite Life Pricing & Product Management Springfield, Massachusetts
- Head of Health Products Valuation & Projections Springfield, Massachusetts
- ALDP Actuarial Analyst Boston, Massachusetts
- Forecast Liability Projections Actuary Boston, Massachusetts
- Forecast Modeling & Quantitative Consultant Springfield, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.