Business Analyst - SAP Analytics & ReportingBoston, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R14594
Business Analyst - SAP Analytics & Reporting
Boston, MA or Springfield, MA
As part of the Finance Reporting Team, this position will support/lead all technical development & oversight of Management/Financial Reporting (non-statutory) within CFO & Controllership. This position supports the strategic vision/roadmap, programming, dashboarding and report building across multiple toolsets such as SAP ERP, SAP BI/BW, Anaplan, Bex, Microstrategy, Tableau, Analysis for Office, etc. You will be a part of Corporate Finance, within the Business Initiatives team.
This role is also part of the Financial Accounting System Transformation (FAST) team, which is part of the Controllers group in CFO office. The team is leading the charge to improve the efficiency and operations within the FAST area, primarily in SAP technologies. This is a newly formed team and thus provides ample growth opportunities in near future in operations, support, and data analytics around financial data. The role reports to Head of FAST Transformation and partners with Corporate IT, 3rd party Vendors and business users/leaders across Treasury, FP&A, Actuary, Data Management, etc.
This role will have the opportunity to work with various teams within the CFO organization and Enterprise Finance & Investment Management Technology team to support report development, modifications, and/or enhancements. You will play a vital role in helping to connect our stakeholders to SAP data, minimizing manual efforts to produce results, and enhancing analysis.
- Collect, document, and analyze business process and reporting requirements
- Assess and propose improvement opportunities
- Facilitate collection of stakeholders signoff
- Coordinate report end to end build lifecycle
- Act as a liaison between various Controllers Organization and Technology teams
This position falls within the Controllers Organization under the CFO. The team is leading the charge to improve reporting efficiency and operations, primarily with SAP technologies. This is a newly formed team and thus provides growth opportunities in operations, support, and data analytics.
- Delivery & execution of short-term and long-term initiatives
- Business Acumen
- Develop familiarity with MassMutual organizational structures, chart of accounts, business processes and master data
- Enhance understanding of business process and reporting requirements at all levels
- Collaborate with various teams to ensure report design and development meets requirements, while minimizing manual processing steps
- Guides teams in establishing business process/report improvements, key timelines and milestones, and deliverables for successful execution
- Gain understanding of how data flows in/out of SAP planning appropriately for changes and enhancements
- Collaborate closely with teams to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial and operational results
- Enhance understanding of available reporting tools functionally tools to optimize usage and establishing of best practices
- Leading Others
- Gain understanding of and execute on change management planned activities with stakeholders
- Conduct/facilitate meetings with project leadership & key stakeholders, taking ownership of meeting agendas/minutes, project documentation, key decisions and issues/actions
- Under guidance, support process changes in alignment with accounting policy for evaluation and implementation of new GAAP/statutory reporting requirements
- Support peer teams as needed
The Minimum Qualifications
- BS in Accounting, Finance, IT or another similar field
- 3+ years of relevant experience in data and business process analytics
- 3+ years of experience using SAP S/4 HANA, including SAP modules such as FI, CO, GL, GR, and Embedded Analytics
- 3+ years of experience with SAP Analysis Cloud (SAC), SAP Analysis for Office (SAC AO), Certent Disclosure Management (CDM) and MicroStrategy
- 3+ years of working in Microsoft Office, preferably Microsoft 365
- 3+ years of experience implementing control execution/documentation best practices
The Ideal Qualifications
- MBA/CPA or equivalent
- Experience in other SAP products, including SAP FPSL
- Knowledge of US GAAP, insurance statutory accounting/reporting and/or experience in Financial Institutions
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change
- Experience working in a Finance transformational setting & driving change at every level of an organization
- Ability to initiate or lead increasingly complex projects and continuous improvement activities that may span beyond the scope of own team
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Finance Reporting & FAST Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-DM2MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Director of Business of Technology Applications Springfield, Massachusetts
- Director of Identity and Access Management Engineering Springfield, Massachusetts
- Head of Finance Application Boston, Massachusetts
- Director of ServiceNow Product Delivery Boston, Massachusetts
- Director of Marketing Platforms and Shared Services Springfield, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.