Data and BI Cloud Platform EngineerSpringfield, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R13961
As a Systems Design Engineer you will be accountable for leading the planning, design, and engineering of enterprise-level infrastructure and platforms. Infrastructure includes hardware, operation systems, database management systems, network, and security. IT deployments may involve Platforms, Software, or Infrastructure. You will have significant experience in system development and will have developed a broad and deep expertise in software, hardware, data structures, integration, communications technology, as well as other emerging services across multiple platforms. You’ll work closely with Architects and Management to ensure the designs align with the technological and business directions of the enterprise. The work focuses on the overall design, build, and integration of solutions or platforms spanning multiple complex technical and/or business capability domains with significant cost / strategic implications. Solutions typically consist of unproven implementation technologies or multiple implementation techs at once within domains that experience rapid change.
- 8+ years as a skilled Platform Engineer/Admin of Data and BI Platforms (Infrastructure and Application)
- Experience building out platforms and defining Infrastructure specs (CPU, Memory, I/O, Storage, etc)
- Experienced with monitoring and alerting practices
- AWS cloud engineering skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable with on call support and occasional off hour maintenance
Preferred Skills (good mix):
- AWS skills
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Infrastructure as code
- Cloudformation using Terraform
- Cloud Security
- Qlik/Attunity Administrative/Engineering experience
- Alation Administrative/Engineering experience
- Bash shell scripting
- OS (RHEL & Windows) working experience
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Data and BI Platform Engineering team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-RK1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Business Analyst - SAP Analytics & Reporting Boston, Massachusetts
- Director of Business of Technology Applications Springfield, Massachusetts
- Director of Identity and Access Management Engineering Springfield, Massachusetts
- Head of Finance Application Boston, Massachusetts
- Director of ServiceNow Product Delivery Boston, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.