Director of Business of Technology ApplicationsRemote - US Technology Job ID R14364
The Director of the Business of Technology Applications is an integral member of MassMutual’s Enterprise Technology & Experience (ETX) Strategy & Governance team, reporting to the Head of ETX Planning, Portfolio Management & and Analytics. The Director works in close partnership with MassMutual’s Finance organization and is accountable for leveraging Apptio, PPM, and the Technology Business Management (TBM) taxonomy to create transparency to MassMutual’s technology spend. This leader is responsible for maturing and maintaining processes and governance across our technology, cyber, and data organization (ETX) to position executives with knowledge and data to drive business decisions through fact-based tradeoffs of cost, consumption, and performance of technology services. The ideal candidate will be inspired by leading change, driving process improvements, and delivering results across a large technology organization.
- Define strategic direction and achieve business objectives
- Maintain effective business relationships and serve as a trusted technology partner to Finance leadership to mature TBM processes, streamline underlying financial and project-code processes, and drive cost efficiencies
- In partnership with Finance, establish a strategic plan to leverage TBM methodology to drive transparency to IT spend, establish KPIs to measure and manage TCO, enabling executives to make informed, consumption-based decisions
- Understand and incorporate market drivers as well as emerging technology trends to develop strategic plans for TBM and project portfolio management technology
- Provide strategic insights into the use and emerging areas of TBM and project portfolio management technology to ETX and Finance leaders so they may leverage such technology capabilities for growth and improved technology investment decision-making
- Act as a liaison for technology organization
- Regularly interact with Finance leaders to understand TBM priorities and evolving technology needs, becoming a trusted business partner that enables strategic decision-making
- Seek to understand TBM technology needs and advise Finance leaders on what technologies or capabilities will best serve their needs
- Inform Finance leaders of technology projects underway and solicit business inputs to improve status and shift portfolio mix
- Regularly communicate project status, risks and issues and seek input and feedback on progress
- Provide direction, resolve issues and recommend improvements by acting as the key point of contact
- Assess current processes for project-code management, applying thought leadership to streamline with industry best practices
- Improve demand planning and forecasting through partnership with ETX portfolio leads and Finance leaders
- Lead a team that administers our technology solutions for project portfolio management and financial and operational insights.
- Drive cultural change and foster trust and confidence within your team
- Drive a positive attitude within the organization and an environment that motivates people to continuously strive to identify newer and efficient ways to perform existing activities
- Lead and participate in team stand ups and recurring meetings on the management of TBM and project portfolio management technology
- Understand change and take appropriate steps to ensure employees adapt to change and stay committed to providing high quality service
- Embed a meritocracy driven culture
- Ensure the skills of the team meet the changing needs of the business and on-going professional development of team members is appropriate
- 8+ years of overall related experience, with at least 5+ years of leadership,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Technology Business Management certification
- 3+ years of technical knowledge in application development
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability to prioritize work
- Experience working with fast-paced organizations with a global footprintUnderstanding of the impact of technology on business results
- Experience in managing all aspects of business engagement starting from building relationships with the various business leads to balancing a wide variety of priorities
- Self-driven individual who has the vision of enhancing the productivity of the business employees by leveraging the latest in technology
- Certified Technology Business Management Executive (CTBME) certification preferred
- Ability to influence and drive change in order to lead strategic organizational initiatives and achieve organizational-wide commitments
- Ability to work collaboratively with constituent organizations to achieve the desired results
- Knowledge of Clarity PPM
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Director of Network Engineering Springfield, Massachusetts
- Procurement Shared Services - System Administrator Boston, Massachusetts
- ServiceNow Solution Architect Boston, Massachusetts
- Derivative Systems Analyst Boston, Massachusetts
- Head of Worksite Technology Springfield, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.