Director of Marketing Platforms and Shared ServicesSpringfield, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R14644
A member of the Marketing Technology leadership team, responsible to align core technology vision with business strategy of Brand & Marketing, and Delivering Strategic Marketing initiatives. This role will be responsible for all aspects of developing and implementing core platforms, vendor management and delivering strategic projects, focused on automation, consolidation and simplification of Marketing tech stack and collaboration with Marketing Technology leadership team to provide technology direction and execution in support of our Marketing business strategy. This person will build and develop strong relationships with our partners in Brand & Marketing and will be responsible for leading and developing a team who will be focused on delivering exceptional solutions and solving business challenges for the Marketing organization, focusing on modernizing, optimizing, and transforming core marketing platforms and shared services to provide a more efficient and effective overall customer experience. Create and execute on the overall marketing platform strategy, value propositions and strategic imperatives for growth that can help reduce marketing costs, increase speed-to-market, establish, and elevate brand standards and simplify technology delivery. Work collaboratively across various teams to deliver high-impact customer experiences and improve creative collaboration to deliver business value.
Marketing Technology is responsible for MassMutual's end-to-end Marketing Technology efforts ranging from Web application development & content services for Massmutual public spaces, Client solutions technology including marketing automation and leads management, routing & delivery, Marketing platforms, architecture & infrastructure, and Marketing data solutions & engineering.
Delivery & Execution:
Delivery, security, integration, quality, and continuous improvement of all core platforms supporting the Brand & Marketing organization and Marketing Technology. Act as SRM for all Marketing and Marketing Technology platforms. Responsible for delivery of all strategic initiatives for Brand & Marketing (outside of digital experience, leads technology, core data engineering), with a focus on tech stack simplification, integration & automation.
This role provides leadership, vision, and prioritization for optimizing the platforms and tools supporting Brand & Marketing and Marketing Technology organization. Ensures core platform optimization and transformation to enable business strategy. Supports the development of technology strategy and execution of strategy in direct partnership with Marketing Technology leadership team and senior leaders in Brand & Marketing. Creates associated core platform strategy and roadmaps, mapping to business needs. Define core marketing platform strategies, value propositions and strategic imperatives for growth that can help reduce marketing costs, increase speed-to-market, establish, and elevate brand standards and simplify digital delivery. Generates new ideas and creative solutions to complex business problems. Drive strategy for simplification & optimization of Brand & Marketing’s tech stack.
Collaboration: Builds strong relationships with Marketing Technology leadership team and across the Brand & Marketing team to align Marketing Technology’s portfolio with business-based decisions and fosters consensus at all levels of the organization to ensure the achievement of business objectives. Leads the development of plans and manages the activities of the Marketing technology strategy to enable delivery and high availability of optimized Marketing tools and technology. Coordinates and collaborates closely with Marketing Data team, Web application Development Team and Client Solutions team to deliver holistic marketing technology capabilities to serve our marketing business.
Leadership: Serves as a member of the Marketing Technology leadership team. Collaborates with other team members to resolve and monitor a broad and diverse range of financial, operational, and strategic issues. Creates and fosters an environment that is inclusive, data-driven, proactive, agile, economical, collaborative, and accountable. Coaches, mentors, and provides career guidance for all team members and builds domain expertise within the team. Accountable for selection and engagement of team members – attract, retain, and develop diverse talent.
Service optimization: Ensures all aspects of performance - cost, schedule, budget, and service quality. Ensure implementation of an information security and privacy plan, disaster recovery plan, and a business continuity plan when implementing technology for the Marketing organization. Establish KPIs and service level agreements with partners and work with others to ensure compliance and continued improvement of service levels.
Service Delivery & Management: Working collaborating with our Marketing Technology leadership team to develop a state-of-the-art marketing technology ecosystem that allows for a cost effective, compliant, and seamless customer experience. Provides improvement opportunities and collaborates with to drive down costs and provide excellent core technology capabilities.
Creativity & Communication: In partnership with the Marketing Technology organization, collaborate on creating a marketing technology strategy to analyze customer data and determine enhancements to such strategy to enhance the overall customer experience and improve our competitiveness in the market. Communicate effectively and collaborate with Marketing Technology leadership team and appropriate marketing personnel and interfacing organizations to influence change and the successful execution of the strategy.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, strategic management or information technology
- 8+ years of technology experience in financial corporations
- Excellent analytical data-driven decision making, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills
- Good understanding of marketing strategy, sales strategy, and business execution via technology enablement.
- Proven track record of success at leading a results-oriented portfolio that supports Marketing. The candidate will be a hands-on leader who is at ease both working at a high strategic, visionary level with the ability to be pragmatic and sort through the details when needed.
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management
- Experience in planning and execution including budget control.
- Ability to successfully balance delivery management and strategic leadership, doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Marketing & distribution business acumen to identify and deliver opportunities.
- Possess an ability to lead and motivate through influence with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Value and demonstrate emotional intelligence in collaboration and interactions with team members, internal partners, and third-party service providers.
- Experience in architecture design and core platform management, implementing marketing tools and technology to meet business strategy and business process requirements.
- A track record of successful large project implementation.
- Outstanding analytical problem-solving skills required, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, and the ability to engage with others in addressing complex business issues.
- Ability to motivate teams whether a direct report or other functional area.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset and excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills articulating in a professional manner.
- Experience in planning and execution including budget control.
- Ability to successfully balance operational management and leadership, doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to develop people while placing a value on developing and maintaining positive relationships with team, peers, and customers.
The Ideal Qualifications
- Financial services industry experience
- Master’s degree in information technology or a technology related discipline
- Experience in all facets of IT, including Application Teams, Information Security, Business Process Management, Program and Portfolio Management, IT Partner and Supplier Management, IT Architecture Management, Digital Platforms, and IT Infrastructure and Operations
#LI-RK1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Business Analyst - SAP Analytics & Reporting Boston, Massachusetts
- Director of Business of Technology Applications Springfield, Massachusetts
- Director of Identity and Access Management Engineering Springfield, Massachusetts
- Head of Finance Application Boston, Massachusetts
- Director of ServiceNow Product Delivery Boston, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.