Director of Network EngineeringSpringfield, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R13956
- Responsible for the design, engineering, and operations of all network infrastructure platforms across our home office and remote locations
- Lead a highly skilled technology team responsible for all aspects of our network.
- Serve as the technology sponsor of project and programs designed to improve our efficiency, stability, and performance of the network environment.
- Ability to define, document and streamline processes to provide better support for the environment.
- Build strong relationships across our technology organization and our field customers.
- Develop a plan/strategy for hardware refresh and vulnerability management to mitigate risk and exposure to the environment.
- Manage key vendor relationships and contracts.
- Manage incident and service requests for the team via an online ticketing/request system, direct involvement in incidents that cause service impact and act as an escalation point.
- Provide enterprise network support and thought leadership on the strategic direction of our technology.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously across the team and provide collaborative cross group solutions that benefit and enhance the environment.
- Interfacing with field technicians and operations staff, internal engineering teams, equipment vendors, and network service providers.
- Remain up to date on new and emerging technologies through training, seminars, and manufacturer demonstrations.
- Collaborate with the Director of Network and Voice to set yearly objectives and goals for the teams to accomplish.
- Provide technical leadership and vision, mentoring, coaching, career development and feedback for performance management.
- Review monthly expenses against budget and account for variances monthly; identify business investments or savings opportunities that will improve service and reduce overall year to year budget expenditures.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 4+ years of experience leading teams in a customer focused technology support role is required.
- 6+ years of experience working in a Network or Security Operations environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience managing and leading multiple projects simultaneously throughout various phases, effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of network concepts, protocols, architectures, and devices/components.
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience in developing and managing large budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills; with the ability to effectively relate and communicate at all levels, including explaining technical matters in business terms.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Network products and services as well as market trends
- Strong Vendor Management experience
- Certifications in Network or Telecom (CCNP, CCDP, CCIE)
- Experience in modernizing aging network architecture
- Experience in Network Security software and appliances
- Experience in distributed platform technology
- ITIL Certification
- AWS and Azure Cloud networking
- AWS Transit Gateway
- Terraform or other cloud provisioning and management platforms
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Anaplan, Solution Architect - Remote - US Boston, Massachusetts
- Director of Business of Technology Applications Springfield, Massachusetts
- Anaplan, Senior Model Builder - Remote - US Boston, Massachusetts
- Procurement Shared Services - System Administrator Boston, Massachusetts
- ServiceNow Solution Architect Boston, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.