Investment Service Specialist (Transfer of Assets)Springfield, Massachusetts Investment Management Job ID R14357
As an Investment Services Specialist you will review and process required paperwork and provide customer service for new and existing business. This may include maintenance items, transfer paperwork and various other supplemental accounting paperwork. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
- Position location will be 3 days a week in the Springfield, MA office
The MML Investors Services (MMLIS) Check Approval space resides within the Cashiering/Transfer of assets departments. The main responsibility of this space is to review and process brokerage client check deposits in a timely manner with a detailed focus on regulatory requirements. We provide guidance and education to field reps on requirements and regulations regarding money movement and communicate frequently with National Financial Services. The team also works closely with the Cashiering, Transfer of Assets, Advisory, New Business and Trading teams within MMLIS. In MMLIS Operations - Cross training among various areas of MMLIS Operations is expected and highly encouraged.
The successful candidate will deliver business value by performing account maintenance activities such as reviewing new account paperwork, communicating with advisors and providing world class customer service for new and existing business. The goal of the job is to create complete, accurate and ‘in-good-order’ documents reaching the Business Acceptance Team.
Key Responsibilities Include
* Review broker dealer business submissions for accuracy and completeness.
- Identify cases that are not in good order (NIGO) and work with our Field force to resolve.
- Provide telephone support to both internal and external customers concerning paperwork requirements, NIGO issues, setting up customer accounts, etc.
- Process client data into back office systems with a high level of accuracy.
- Research and resolve operational issues as needed.
- Identify and resolve problems using Root Cause Problem Solving tools.
- Work effectively to meet/exceed productivity and quality standards.
The Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED/HiSET
- 2+ years operational work experience and/or reviewing items for accuracy
- 2+ years customer service experience/working with internal or external customers
- Must be able to work a 930AM to 6PM EST Shift
- Due to the nature of this position, as a part of our background check process, candidates must be able to pass a non-registered fingerprint background check to qualify as a fingerprinted person under FINRA
The Ideal Qualifications
- College degree preferred or equivalent business experience
- 4+ years financial services industry experience
- Knowledge of registration types, brokerage account features, managed account attributes, billing of managed account
- Working knowledge of the securities industry specifically as it relates to back office processing for standard non-retirement accounts
- Knowledge and understanding of FINRA/SEC rules and regulations preferred
- Knowledge of MMLIS new business workflows, systems, and concepts
- Superior telephone and communication skills
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to work overtime and/or work a flexible shift arrangement as business needs arise
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual Transfer of Assets Team
- Regular meetings with the team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.