Investment Tax AssociateSpringfield, Massachusetts Finance & Accounting Job ID R15147
Investment Tax Associate, Investment Tax/Tax, CFO – Tax Department
Full Time, Springfield MA
As a member of the investment tax group, you will work in a dynamic and collaborative environment supporting investment tax operations, tax reporting and tax compliance.
The ideal candidate will have a convergent skillset of technical tax, accounting, excellent communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively with tax colleagues.
This position will be responsible for the preparation of GAAP and Statutory tax accounting and tax compliance reporting across the investment asset classes.
As an Investment Tax Associate you will be a member of the Investment Tax team within the Corporate Tax Department, part of MAssMutual’s Controllers Organization. The Corporate Tax Department is comprised of high-performing, collaborative, and agile tax professionals who are motivated by challenging work that delivers sustained value and a culture of accountability.
- You will be involved in annual statement investment tax provision (ASC740 and SSAP101) preparation as well as prepare and review tax returns
- Partnership tax returns
- Corporate tax returns
- Looking for ways to increase efficiency with respect to assigned work.
- Recognizing business issues and using alternative solutions to resolve them
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvements and recommend solutions.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Working with large, complex data sets
- Utilize existing technology and contribute towards Mass Mutuals continuous improvement efforts to automate processes, increase efficiency, and provide quality solutions.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives
The Minimum Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- 2+ years of tax experience in public accounting or financial services
The Ideal Qualifications
- Self-motivation and critical thinking
- Seeking to enhance knowledge through technical reading, continuing education, and other means
- Knowledge of ASC 740 and SSAP 101
- Successful problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to perform under time constraints and meet deadlines; strong sense of urgency
- Detail orientation
- Direct experience in financial product taxation (e.g., partnership returns, fixed income reporting, private equity, hedge fund, Real Estate, REIT, banking)
- Ability to identify issues and offers solutions and recommendations
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Investment Tax Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-RP1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
MassMutual will accept applications on an ongoing basis until such time as a candidate has been offered employment.Salary Range: $67,400.00-$88,400.00 Apply
Jobs Like This One
- Cash Management Consultant Boston, Massachusetts
- Derivative & Collateral Operations Analyst Boston, Massachusetts
- Capital Strategy Consultant - Treasury Boston, Massachusetts
- Head of Expense Management - MM Operations Springfield, Massachusetts
- Investment Tax Senior Associate Springfield, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.