Key Account ManagerSpringfield, Massachusetts Sales Job ID R14305
We’re looking for a Key Account Manager to join our third-party distribution channel, MassMutual Strategic Distributors (MMSD). You’ll have an opportunity to support relationships with national and regional banks, wire houses and independent broker-dealers as well as with BGA and IMO organizations to mutually grow life insurance and disability income insurance revenues and MassMutual’s marketshare. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
MMSD’s strategy is to aggressively grow top line sales by expanding existing and establishing new partnerships with IMO's, BGAs and Financial Institutions (wire houses, banks, broker-dealers) and making significant investments in technology, sales, operations, marketing and product development. Our strategy will be driven by dedicated teams across the enterprise where we prioritize a dynamic, agile, and entrepreneurial culture.
The MMSD Life and Disability Income Insurance Key Account Manager team is a team of relationship managers who are highly motivated to establish and grow deep and successful relationships with MassMutual Strategic Distributors. This team of individuals brings diverse experiences together to drive results. In addition to business acumen, flexibility, accountability, collaboration and communication drive the mutual success of the team.
As a Key Account Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- As a member of the Life/DI Key Account Management team, develop and support relationships with key stakeholders at distribution partner firms. Serve as liaison for operations, underwriting, service, marketing and relationship management contacts at partner firms.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of each firm including product sales, target markets, competitive information, systems, platforms, key initiatives, trends etc. and communicate information in periodic reports to management.
- Communicate timely information with distribution partners and internal partners.
- Prepare and analyze pipeline, sales and activity reports for internal management and for partner firms. Identify trends and create action plans based on analysis.
- Coordinate launch of new distribution opportunities and new [roducts
- Coordinate product and concept training to centers of influence at partner firms (e.g sales desks, insurance specialists, underwriting/case managers, wholesalers, financial advisors etc.)
- Identify opportunities in assigned accounts for the distribution of additional MassMutual products lines.
- Work with other members of Key Account Management team to secures approval for new products at assigned firms; identify potential challenges and firm requirements to appropriate stakeholders including Product Management department.
- Influence assigned strategic accounts to support activities designed to generate sales of MassMutual products.
- Coordinate resources for firm conferences and meetings and identifies and tracks measurable follow up activities.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School diploma with 5+ years of Key Account Management experience
- 5+ years of experience in financial services
- 3+ years of experience in account management or sales support, internal or external sales working with institutions and BGAs or IMOs
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 and Life/Health Licenses
- 1+ year of experience in in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel 30%
The Ideal Qualifications
- A good understanding of the industry as well as BGA and institutional firm organizational structures and the centers of influence in those organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills that drive partnership and deepen relationships
- Ability to listen to and understand the needs, interests, motivations and perspectives of internal and external partners
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong organizational, presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to follow through on commitments
- Experience and comfort in presenting to small and medium groups
- Strong business and financial acumen and ability to think strategically
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize shifting demands
- Ability to find the resources needed to accomplish a goal
Compensation: $70k- $85k base salary range plus a sales-based incentive opportunity (targeted at appx 40%-50% of total wages)
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Key Account Management team and with various points of contacts at the firms that are your customers.
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-BC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Regional Sales Director - Stable Value Boston, Massachusetts
- Internal Wholesaler Springfield, Massachusetts
- Key Account Manager Boston, Massachusetts
- Head of Field Management – West, MMFA Field Management Phoenix, Arizona
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.