Procurement Contracts ManagerProcurement Job ID R14422
Procurement Contracts Manager
Springfield, MA, Boston, MA
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you have wide latitude to make impactful decisions? Does the idea of coordinating among business owners, legal, IT and others to develop effective commercial contracts interest you? Do you enjoy a role that offers a wide variety of responsibilities, and “something new every day?”
MassMutual is hiring for an experienced business professional with substantial contract drafting and negotiation experience. This role involves understanding the underlying business problem and resulting transaction, working with internal stakeholders to gain their input and approvals as necessary, explaining deal terms and risks to the internal engagement manager, and negotiating terms directly with the supplier. You will have a deep support structure in our transformed Procurement organization – including Category Management and Supplier Relationship Management, among other dedicated functions.
On the MassMutual Procurement team, we have a goal to enable MassMutual’s mission and vision by providing the right supplier solution at the right time. Our mission is to streamline the procurement process, align supplier partners to meet business needs and continuously increase the value provided to our policyholders.
On a day-to-day basis, the Contract Manager will orchestrate multiple simultaneous projects which will require excellent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills. You will be relied upon to negotiate and draft contractual positions based upon documented standards, commensurate with the specifics of each commercial deal, and with the support from legal, IT, and enterprise risk, among others.
Your day to day would look like but is not limited to:
- Understanding the business drivers behind transactions assigned to you and developing an execution plan
- Communicating with fellow associates, leadership, and third parties
- You will regularly communicate with internal stakeholders including the line of business, legal, compliance and data security groups to assess risks specific to each transaction
- Negotiating with suppliers to produce contracts that adhere to MassMutual contracting standards and meet business objectives. You will be responsible for planning and executing negotiation strategy in a timely manner while adjusting to changing circumstances
- Drafting and/or redlining contracts to ensure that MassMutual is adequately protected from risks by relying upon your skills to assess the impact of deviations from standards and engage internal stakeholders when required
- Driving transactions to completion in a timely manner
- As the central point of contact for each contract, you will leverage your organizational skills and influence to ensure deals are negotiated and executed in accordance with business timelines
- Working closely with the larger Procurement team, and stakeholders as appropriate
- You will be expected to share your learnings with other Contract Managers
The Minimum Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in contract evaluation, drafting and redlining
- 4+ years of experience with supplier management
- 4+ years of experience with IT and technology related contracts including Software as a Service (SaaS), hardware, software licensing, IT professional services, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
The Ideal Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience developing and executing contracting and negotiation strategies
- Experience working with all procurement functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, time management and problem-solving skills
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Procurement Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
MassMutual will accept applications on an ongoing basis until such time as a candidate has been offered employment.Salary Range: $84,100.00-$110,300.00 Apply
Jobs Like This One
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.