Securities Data AnalystCustomer Service Job ID R14152
As the Securities Data Analyst (SDA) candidate, you will play a critical role in understanding, triaging, and resolving complex data issues across the Investment Data Ecosystem. You will provide subject matter expertise to Investment Data consumers across the enterprise, assisting users in identifying and understanding the root cause of issues, providing detailed analysis, and working with vendors as needed. You will work to resolve business as usual (BAU) issues and implement new or changed data requests in partnership with Enterprise Technology. You will provide expertise to projects and ensure standards are followed. Additionally, you will understand the importance of Investment Data Quality continuously looking to improve processes. You will have a strong business acumen of investment types and their life cycle and demonstrate interest in continued development. You will learn the complex data flows processes that support all MassMutual data users. The nature of the work will require perseverance, accountability, and resourcefulness to identify opportunities to improve processes that address the root causes of business challenges.
The Securities Data Analyst team is part of the Investment Data Integrity team reporting to the Head of Investment Data Integrity, part of the MassMutual Investment Operations team within the Investment Management division. Securities Data Analysts are accountable for all data flowing into and through the investment ecosystem. The team works closely with the Investment Data Quality team to identify root cause of reoccurring operational issues, partners with Product Owners and developers to prioritize improvements, understand and react to new business requirements and represents the Investment Data Ecosystem as needed throughout the Enterprise.
- Understand data flows within the investment ecosystem including how data is sourced and aggregated to support the usage of investment data by all MassMutual stakeholders
- Support and triage data issues to enable critical investment and regulatory reporting
- Communicate and collaborate with external partners and asset managers to implement new data files to support mandate objectives
- Lead root cause analysis and resolution of business investment data challenges demonstrating agility in managing multiple issues at one time
- Accountable for escalated and ongoing support for all users of data while ensuring appropriate documentation of processes is available and maintained
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- 5+ years of securities data experience with an understanding of securities life cycle
- 5+ years of facilitating investment data management from ingestion of source data to end user reporting
- 5+ years of applying GAAP and STAT accounting principles
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
The Ideal Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related area
- Knowledge of Eagle PACE or like Data Management Tool
- Knowledge of Eagle STAR or like Investment Accounting platform
- Expert user of excel and proficient with SQL/Oracle query tools
- Microstrategy or other reporting tool experience a plus
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, comfortable interacting with vendors, business partners, external managers and internal Investment and IT
- Ability to work across multiple priorities with limited guidance
- Ability to independently explore solutions to a problem and adapt quickly to changes
- Collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Investment Data Operations and Analysis team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefit
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Derivative Trade Operations Analyst Boston, Massachusetts
- Data Management Operations Consultant, Investment Operations Springfield, Massachusetts
- Data Management Operations Consultant Springfield, Massachusetts
- Investment Data Integrity Specialist Springfield, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.