Securities Trade and Reconciliation AnalystCustomer Service Job ID R14154
Securities Trade and Reconciliation Analyst
Investment Data Quality Team
Full-Time, (Remote) (requires rotating coverage until 7pm)
As a Trade and Reconciliation Operations Analyst candidate, you will play a critical role in a fast paced, complex, and collaborative environment, where you will continue to develop your investment knowledge and technical skills. This role offers the ability to learn the overall flow of data in the investment ecosystem and offers opportunity to work with teams across the organization that utilize investment data. The nature of the work will require perseverance, accountability, attention to detail and the ability to react to everchanging business needs.
The Securities Trade and Reconciliation team is part of the Investment Data Integrity team reporting to the Head of Investment Data Integrity, part of the MassMutual Investment Operations team within the Investment Management division. The Investment Data Quality Team oversees the daily processing of security master, trade, positions, and transactions for all assets in MassMutual’s General Investment Account (GIA) as well as partners closely with Security Operations, Investment and Tax Accounting and Enterprise Risk Management to address and resolve data related issues.
- Monitoring of trade ingestion from all sources into Investment Accounting System, resolving issues ‘on the fly’ or working with business partners to resolve
- Understanding and maintaining Security Master File details and updating as needed across all asset types
- Processing manual trade activity when needed and following appropriate controls
- Performing daily trade and security master reconciliations, identifying breaks and root cause for remediation, escalating to appropriate partners when needed
- Developing business acumen regarding corporate actions, paydowns and income payments and how activity flows through the system.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- 2+years of investment operations processes and related data workflows
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
The Ideal Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related area
- Knowledge of Eagle PACE or like Data Management Tool
- Knowledge of Eagle STAR or like Investment Accounting platform
- Expert user of Excel
- Knowledge of SQL/Oracle query tools
- Microstrategy, or other reporting tool experience a plus
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Investment Data Quality Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Business Operations Consultant Springfield, Massachusetts
- Derivative Trade Operations Analyst Boston, Massachusetts
- Data Management Operations Consultant, Investment Operations Springfield, Massachusetts
- Data Management Operations Consultant Springfield, Massachusetts
- Investment Data Integrity Specialist Springfield, Massachusetts
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.