Corporate Aviation - Summer 2024 InternshipWindsor Locks, Connecticut General Job ID R14346
Corporate Aviation Intern
MassMutual Flight Department
Full Time, Windsor Locks, CT
The summer internship program within the Aviation Department will provide exposure to all aspects of a corporate aviation flight department. The internship will provide a unique insight into the demands and tasks of each role in the department to include flight crews, scheduling, maintenance, safety management, and more. The goal of the summer internship program is to enhance the students educational experience and knowledge by providing meaningful experiences with practical real-world applications.
An integral part of the MassMutual Aviation Department, the Executive Travel team handles the scheduling of all corporate flights, corporate shuttles, and ground transportation. We are a department recognized by our corporate stakeholders, principals, customers, and business partners as "The Solution" for complex transportation requirements. The internship would be embedded within the Executive Travel team and coordinate with other departments as schedule permits.
- Exposure to scheduling flights in accordance with federal and internal regulations
- Enter and update corporate shuttle requests
- Schedule and update ground transportation reservations
- Arrange international landing permissions and customs arrangements
- Assist flight crew with their trip planning
- Shadow maintenance technicians during their daily tasks
- Participate in the MassMutual Safety Management System
- Duties assigned as required by the Director of Executive Travel
The Minimum Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in an Aviation Program from an accredited university
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Working toward or have obtained an FAA Dispatcher, A&P, or Pilot License preferred
The Ideal Qualifications
- Licensed FAA Dispatcher, A&P Technician, or Pilot License
- Previous exposure to a corporate aviation flight department
- Strong interest in all aspects of a corporate flight department
- Ability to become proficient in-flight scheduling software and reporting tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with detail orientation
- $20.00/hr. USD
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Executive Travel Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
#LI-SC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
Jobs Like This One
- Corporate Aviation - Summer 2024 Internship Windsor Locks, Connecticut
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.