Software EngineerBoston, Massachusetts Business Analysis Job ID R14143
- Collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Product and Project Managers, and enterprise stakeholders to deliver innovative, data-driven systems aimed at transforming the insurance industry
- May be responsible for any of the following: design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate systems and/or web applications
- Mentor and peer review the work of more junior software engineers
- Collaborate with internal business partners and the team to analyze and decompose complex application features into simpler stories for planning and execution
- Provide technical leadership on medium and large projects
- Build complex systems integrating appropriate technologies as needed, including the extract, transform, load and processing of data as well as creation, processing, and consumption of RESTful API endpoints
- Act as technical SMEs in multiple areas/technologies across the organization
- Define realistic timeframes to assigned tasks and provides estimation guidelines across teams
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of deliverables
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture
- Lead problem solving with employees to come up with solutions that follow best practices and align with Software Engineering guidelines and strategies
- Act as first point of contact for Software Engineers regarding solutions for work products
- Collaborate with Product Management to ensure work is prioritized, organized and facilitated
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of building complex software systems (Data pipelines, services, backends, frontends)
- 3+ years working with data and relevant computation frameworks and system
- 3+ years using Python programming language
- 2+ years using Python Django
- 2+ years using React/Redux
- Experience writing complex SQL queries for a RDBMS
- Experience with AWS Stack (S3, EC2, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc)
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience collaborating with a team of engineers with varying skillsets
- Experience with Agile software engineering principles and methodologies
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and willingness to learn new concepts, methods, and technologies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with SASS, TypeScript and Webpack is a plus
- Experience with Numpy/Pandas is a plus
- Experience in data modeling and database design
- Experience with building a Jenkins pipeline
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Redis
#LI-RK1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
MassMutual will accept applications on an ongoing basis until such time as a candidate has been offered employment.Salary Range: $128,000.00-$168,000.00 Apply
Jobs Like This One
At MassMutual, we believe in the value of being together in our offices and in personal flexibility.
Our work environment is one where the majority of our team members work a hybrid schedule — working at least three days in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and a third day) and the rest remotely, balancing flexibility with in-person collaboration. While the majority of our employees follow this hybrid model, some of our roles continue to be 100% on-site and others may be 100% remote, subject to business needs.
MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company operated for the benefit of our members, policyowners and customers, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.